1st Workshop on 5G Verticals and Experimentation (5GVertEx)
Call For Papers ―
The proliferation of 5G technology deployments and the novel capabilities that its adoption ensues are creating a new environment able to address requirements from different vertical sectors beyond mobile broadband services such as e-Health, factories of the future, energy and automotive. In order to fulfill the vertical’s requirements capabilities such as high speeds, ultra-low latency, ultra-high reliability, massiveness of network scenarios are required. All these aspects of 5G are strongly correlated and intertwined as such there is a strong motivation for accommodating frameworks that easily test, measure and demonstrate – for the wide range of new use cases and foreseeable conditions of deployments and scenarios – the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the new softwarized 5G network carrier-grade environments. The validation of the above KPIs in operational systems and their impact on end-user performance is still an open issue.New approaches and types of testing shall allow the fastest upgrade and deployment paces enabled by the software.
The objective of this workshop is to bring together researchers, operators, vertical sector application developers and vendors to discuss on 5G experimentation methodologies, platforms and experiences from 5G service deployments.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- 5G architectures enabling experimentation and KPI validation
- Tools and services to support measurements and experimentation in 5G networks
- End-to-end and application-level performance measurements in 5G networks
- Vertical application design, deployment, lessons learnt and experimental results
- Measurement-driven approaches to 5G design
- ML/AI methods for monitoring and analysis
- Concurrent multi-tenant, multi-slice experimentation
- Measurement techniques and metrics for evaluating the performance of industry verticals (eHealth, energy, automation, etc) in 5G networks
All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed. The manuscripts must be prepared in English, following IEEE two-column Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings with a maximum length of six (6) printed pages (10-point font), including figures.
5GVertEx will be held in conjunction with the IEEE NetSoft 2020 at Ghent, Belgium at 29 June-3 July 2020.
The workshop tentative deadlines:
- Paper Submission: 14 February, 2020 firm
- Review Period: 28 February, 2020
- Author Review Notification: 2 March, 2020
- Rebuttal Period: 9 March, 2020
- Notification of Acceptance: 20 March, 2020
- Camera Ready: 30 March, 2020
Technical Program Committee (TPC) ―
|Harilaos Koumaras||NCSR Demokritos, GR||5GENESIS|
|Michail Alexandros Kourtis||NCSR Demokritos,GR||5GENESIS|
|Georgios Xylouris||NCSR Demokritos, GR||Inspire5G-plus|
|Georgios Gardikis||SPACE HELLAS, GR||5GENESIS|
|Robberto Riggio||FBK, IT||5G-CARMEN|
|Ricard Vilalta||CTTC, ES||5GCroCo|
|Ioannis Giannoulakis||8bells Research, CY||5G-CARMEN|
|Emmanouil Kafetzakis||8bells Research, CY||5G-CARMEN|
|Jesus Gutierrez Teran||IHP, DE||5GVICTORY|
|Lopez Diego R.||TELEFONICA, ES||5G-VINNI|
|Marius-Iulian Corici||FOKUS, DE||5G-VINNI|
|Anastasius Gavras||EURESCOM, DE||5G-VINNI|
- Georgios Xylouris, email@example.com, National Research Center for Scientific Research “Demokritos” (NCSRD), Research Fellow.
- Robberto Riggio, firstname.lastname@example.org, Fondazione Bruno Kessler
- Ricard Vilalta, email@example.com, Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC/CERCA), Senior Researcher.
- Harilaos Koumaras, firstname.lastname@example.org, National Research Center for Scientific Research “Demokritos” (NCSRD), Researcher.